Tuesday 22 February 2011

Visual Design Module 2.

As part of the second assignment for Visual Design I am to come up with a Print Product. This is a completely open module, which makes things rather difficult as I am to find my own message to incorporate through the means of any print medium I wish. As mentioned the design I come up with must deliver a message to the viewer. After some deliberation into exactly what I would cut my choices down to, I finally made a choice. I chose to put myself totally out of the box for a challenge and create something that I have never thought about, or will unlikely to ever need to look into, this also makes this module educational to myself.
This led me to choose Maternity Clothing, which puts me far out of my comfort zone. The theme as message behind my product is, why make maternity clothing bland and boring? Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and this should be recognised via the clothing. Women tend to feel unattractive during pregnancy, so why not spice up the clothing with a bit of humour or  colour to make them confident with their appearance at all times.


Unfortunately due to University rules, I cannot show all my ideas because of copyright issues, but i will show one or two of my initial Half Finished ideas.








As you can see my theme will follow a "cartoony" look, to add a humorous edge. As mentioned all the designs are far from finished and are basic initial concepts. They will undergo critical analysis presentations in order to ensure the final product is suitable for the market.

Check back later to view the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment