Thursday 7 October 2010

3D Fish.

Now I have viewed a few tutorials and got used to the layout of Max 3D, I feel ready to at least make a mock up fish to use as practice before we follow lessons in class.

Firstly here's my model of the fish:

Then here is the same model with the "Turbo Smooth" modifier applied:

Below are some teeth I made for the fish that may possibly appear in my final animation:

Again here you can see that "Turbo Smooth" has been applied:

The theme of my animation is to come across as "Cartoony" and fun, hence the fish having a more human look. Also note the Gold tooth to add comedic value. Of course these are the basic models which will look better after they have been textured, but this is where I will stop for now until I learn how to texture appropriately via class lessons or other online tutorials. Following this simple task has left me much more confident within the 3D Max workspace and is definitely something I would consider taking up as a career as I find it very fun and rewarding to see the models grow as you work on them. I am also very much looking forward to learning how to animate models after creating them in 3D Max, as this is another element that sounds great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment